- April 2, 2018
- Posted by: Fox Medical Centers
- Category: Best Doctor
DOT Physical Exam Hialeah
For those who are looking to become commercial vehicle operators, or for those who already are, the Department of Transportation (DOT) requires you to undergo a physical exam every two years to remain compliant. At Fox Medical Centers, our doctors can adequately administer a DOT Physical Exam Hialeah, so you can quickly hit the road!
A DOT Physical Exam Hialeah has several components which cover the different requirements a truck, bus, or commercial vehicle needs. Our doctors are trained in giving these exams and know how to interpret the test results to ensure every exam is entirely accurate.
Commercial drivers are designated as “safety-sensitive” by the Department of Transportation, which means their jobs impact their safety and the safety of the public. Making sure every employee can perform their job well is extremely important, which is why our doctors are specifically trained in administering the exam.
A DOT Physical Exam Hialeah has several different components which will help our doctors understand your health and whether you are qualified to be a commercial driver. Here is some of what you can expect when you come in for your exam.
CDL Driving Test
- Hearing test: Your doctor will test your hearing to see whether you can hear softer sounds from several feet away.
- Vision test: DOT drivers are required to have 20/40 vision in each eye without or with the use of corrective lenses. Peripheral vision will also be tested by your doctor.
- Blood pressure: High blood pressure and irregular heart activity can affect drivers, so your doctor will check for these things during your visit.
- Drug and alcohol test: Your doctor will use a Breathalyzer and urine test to determine if there are any restricted substances in your system. Our drug testing equipment is very precise, so there is little to no chance of there being any incorrect readings.
All of this information can seem overwhelming at first, but our doctors will walk you through the entire DOT Physical Exam Hialeah, making it a much more straightforward experience. Whether this is your first time taking the physical or if you’ve done it plenty of times, our team is dedicated to making you feel comfortable and cared for during your visit.
Our team of doctors is partnered with hospitals across South Florida, so they are consistently training and learning about the best technologies and treatments for our patients. If you ever have any questions about our procedures or exams, one of our doctors will be happy to speak with you.
DOT Physical Exam Near Me
At Fox Medical Centers, you can have your DOT Physical Exam Hialeah done easier than ever before. We accept insurance plans from over 25 different providers and offer same-day or next-day appointments, so a visit with a trained doctor can be right around the corner if need be.
If you know your DOT physical exam is coming up soon, speak with our office and set up an appointment with one of our trained doctors to make the process the easiest it has ever been.
Learn more about our DOT physical exam services by calling us today at 786-361-0749 or click here to schedule an appointment online!